Pikachu Celebrations: Year's End Pikachu (Standard) - 8"
Dong! Ding dong goes the bell. Ringing in a New Year soon! Pikachu and other Pokémon have gathered, and started discussing memories of the year. Last year was sure a lot of fun—may next year be just as wonderful! This Pikachu is a Pokémon Center Original!
This special plush is part of the Pikachu Celebrations collection, where Pikachu celebrates seasonal annual events! Look forward to more Pikachu Celebrations plush!
Year's End in Japan
- Pikachu is wearing a hanten coat. Hanten is a traditional garment worn around the home. People wear hanten just like pajamas: something to put over your regular clothes or bedclothes, but not wear outside.
- A daruma doll is a symbol of good luck, because as the legend goes, it grants wishes. Some Japanese people buy a daruma doll with no eyes. These new daruma dolls’ eyes don’t have pupils in the beginning of a new year. People make a wish and draw one eye. When that wish comes true (or daruma grants it), they draw the other eye.
- Traditionally, people draw the second eye right at the end of year, because they often wish health and happiness, and they have to wait until year end to determine if the wish was granted. Then, they return the doll to where they got it from (typically a temple).
- The Darumaka that Pikachu is holding looks just like a daruma doll.
- Year's End Pikachu Celebration!
- With hanten coat and daruma doll!
- Pokémon Center Original design
- Item Dimensions: 8 x 6 x 4 inches
- Recommended Age: 4 + years
- Country Of Origin: Made in China.
- Fabric Type: All new material/Polyester Fiber/Polyurethane Foam
- Care Instructions: Surface Wash only